Language request

Is there a way to get Hebrew on the Mudita Pure?

2 Likes

@pashut Thanks for your question. Currently, Mudita Pure does not support Hebrew. However, the MuditaOS is an open source operating system, which means that the Hebrew-speaking community can undertake the challenge of localization. This is exactly what happened with the Swedish language addition. Initially, we didn’t have that language in the MuditaOS, but our AWESOME Mudita Community took it upon themselves to implement it.

It’s pretty easy, even if you don’t have programming skills, to help and translate that for the community (and for yourself :slight_smile:) When I did the italian translation I think there were less than 600 strings in total. After that the only “waiting time” it’s for the Mudita team to find somebody to review it. The process is explained on the mudita pure github, but if you need help let me know

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for creating the Italian translation @gabrielesani! I have to confirm that the review time was unfortunately pretty long, but we rearranged the community handling a little bit so now the reviews should be quicker. Moreover, we emphasized the importance of community translations, so it should shorten the time between publishing the PR and merging it with our codebase.

2 Likes

@gabrielesani Thank you for taking the time to help out with Italian localization. That’s awesome that you were able to do this. Perhaps this can be of some encouragement to @pashut to start on the Hebrew localization.

That was my intention :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem, it was not by any mean a criticism: review it’s essential and I understand is not easy to find someone for every language proposed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi!I think i need your help, because i want to do the Chinese localization,but i do not know how to start,if you could help me,please let me know.

2 Likes

@zhuyun I think @Bartosz_sp2fet could help you out with this. Are you familiar with GitHub?

1 Like

Sadly I don’t know much Hebrew (yet), but this is something that I am interested in following and helping out with in any way I can!!

2 Likes

@whyoungblood Thanks for your interest in this. It’s a bit more complicated with non-Latin alphabets. I think @Bartosz_sp2fet could explain it better.