Kickstarter on the Horizon

Hey everyone! I’m super excited to share with you the new landing page for our brand new product that’s being launched on Kickstarter soon.

When we first launched Mudita Bell & Mudita Harmony, many community members asked about the possibility of different colors coming in the future. At that time, we didn’t think we would be introducing different colors, however, after listening to feedback from our community, we have decided to explore the idea of offering new colors, in addition to new features for our Mudita Bell & Mudita Harmony.

We understand that people have different tastes and preferences when it comes to the aesthetics of their personal devices, and we want to provide as many options as possible to accommodate those preferences.

You can check out the new landing page here:

We’ve worked really hard on this project and we can’t wait to hear your feedback.

Thank you so much for being part of this amazing community!

5 Likes

Congrats on getting a new product out there!

As someone who just recently purchased a Harmony and is still eagerly awaiting the audio uploading update, I was wondering if you can share whether the Harmony 2 feature updates will also be coming to the original Harmony?

Thanks,
Bastiaan

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to the news. :slight_smile:

I’m curious if Mudita is considering a future refurbishment program in which they accept “old” models when a customer purchases a next-generation model and sells the used ones with a “mudita guarantee.”

5 Likes

Sweet, but we all want news of the New phone :wink:

6 Likes

I also would like to know this very thing. I have been waiting since December 21’ and I truly hope this feature arrives for the 1.0.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty annoying that certain promised features have still not been implemented in the software, even after a year since they were announced- despite the promises made at the time of purchase.

6 Likes

Will the new bell and harmony only be available in black? I have a bell that I love and would love a harmony as well. But I much prefer the light grey colour of the current ones.

4 Likes

I’m very excited about this update. Do we know what features are coming yet??

4 Likes

Amazing you had the time to develop 2nd versions of your original products… which still don’t have the advertised features after a year!

I really hope the consumers don’t fall for the marketing and buy your products, only to be disappointed that they don’t actually have the features for which they were purchasing it for

5 Likes

Why would anyone back a new Kickstarter when the original product from the original Kickstarter still doesn’t work as advertised? Maybe you should give all those people their money back first.

4 Likes

I would have to agree with this sentiment. I cannot in good conscience back anything else going forward until the situation with the Harmony has been addressed. There seems to be a “kick the can down the road” mentality when it comes to addressing the Harmony’s missing feature(s) and it’s extremely frustrating. Having no clear estimate as to the addition of the missing audio feature coupled with the numerous unrealized update claims have soured me I must admit. I believe in supporting smaller start ups and a lot of times it’s done in good faith but when there “seems” to be a lack of proper transparent communication then the willingness to support further becomes strained. I am happy with my Pure and my Bell but I am and have been dissatisfied with the Harmony. I hope there is a resolution soon that can reverse my opinions.

7 Likes

We apologize for the delay in implementing the custom audio feature in Mudita Harmony, and we understand that this has caused disappointment and frustration in our loyal community. However, we do want to assure you that we are working hard to deliver this feature as soon as possible, while also ensuring its quality and performance.
Our team is making good progress on the development of this feature, but we want to ensure that it meets both our high standards and your expectations. We anticipate that it will be available in a future update* and included in newer editions of Mudita Harmony.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to fulfill our promises and provide you with the features you deserve.

5 Likes

Colors look great! But I the new bell design is not as nice. Does it have new features?

3 Likes

With all due respect, you said EXACTLY the same in August '22… guess what, still isn’t implemented. If it is being treated as a priority, I hate to think what happens when something isn’t a priority in your company. I wish it wasn’t too late to get a refund. As the product is built on lies

5 Likes

@adammoseley Everything you’re saying is valid. However, I’m not sure how often you visit the forum and if you’ve been following the development progress of both Mudita Center and Mudita Harmony (they need to work together for this feature) because we’ve addressed this issue every step of the way. Since the launch of Mudita Harmony there have been many software updates (off the top of my head 7 or 8 software updates) which addressed a host of issues which were reported to us by our community. The process has also been documented on our support page, which outlines all the changlogs and the necessary steps which need to be taken to implement certain features and bugfixes.
We understand that from the outside it might look like we’ve just delayed for the sake of delaying, but this device has be constantly updated behind the scenes.

4 Likes

Did the team know that there was an issue with the Mudita Center and the Harmony performing as desired before or after its release? If before, (unless they were somehow blindsided) they should have not offered the feature at all and used it as a surprise update in the future if it was made to work. If after; why was the feature not pulled entirely from all advertisements immediately with an accompanying statement in the forums until it could be corrected? This may not have saved the early adopters but any one else considering the product would not have expectations of this feature since they would not be aware of it. I understand that there have been numerous updates but from my vantage point they have not addressed the one thing that determined MY purchase, the audio feature. Imagine going to the dentist for a severe cavity and they fix your toe, your ear, your knee etc. yet they never fix your bad tooth… I’m sure you would be grateful for the other fixes but I would imagine you would not be so pleased about not having your tooth addressed. Documenting in change logs and posts just how I cannot get what was advertised and subsequently paid for does nothing to ease my frustrations. At this point I only want what I paid for and that is to be able to place my sounds on to my Harmony as advertised. I have stated numerous times that I would accept a Beta version or if there were some work around way for me to mount the device to my desktop and drag and drop files…anything. Waiting well over a year is and should be unheard of and this needs to be understood. I hate to come across as contentious because I realize you are not the developer but as a consumer I feel I am obligated to voice my concerns.

6 Likes

This is a very neat idea. Like a trade-in program. I can trade in my first generation Mudita Pure for a new one.

6 Likes

Cmon! What a nice idea! I can’t promise you it would happen Guys (yeap, lesson learned :)) but I do promise I will raise this at Mudita with our team. Do you have any inspiration or examples that could be helpful? :wink: Thank you from the mountain (polish joke - ponglish style)

6 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We understand how frustrating it can be when a product does not perform as expected, especially when it comes to a feature that was a significant factor in your purchase decision. The bugs which came up in the course of development where not something we anticipated. There were issues which were reported to us by users while using the product in various ways and they needed to be addressed because they impacted the way the device could be used. When bug/issues are reported, we always want to look into WHY they are happening and what is causing it & if we can replicate it & come up with a solution. Sometimes it happens that a solution might cause another problem somewhere else, which then needs to be addressed.
Using your dentist anecdote: If you go to the dentist for a cavity & they fix the cavity, but then it turns out that you’re now only allergic to the filling material used (which is not causing a host of other problems) but then also while fixing the cavity, they found that you have some impacted teeth which also need fixing, because they will, in time, cause a serious issue if left untreated. Now, you need to undergo a series of test to see what exactly you’re allergic to & t he dentist needs to come up with a different option, while at the same time, dealing with the symptoms of the allergy and trying to treat the cavity at the same time. Moreover knowing that those other problems need to be fixed.
So, as you can see, although things may appear straightforward, there’s always some underlying issue that can come up which needs to be addressed.
All throughout this time. we have been working diligently to address the audio feature issue with the Mudita Center and Harmony, while at the same time addressing all of the bugfixes which came up .
Regarding your question about the timing of the issue, we identified the problem after the product was released. We understand that this does not excuse the fact that the feature did not work as advertised, and we agree that we could have done a better job in communicating the issue to our customers.
We appreciate your suggestions about how we can improve our communication and avoid similar issues in the future.

Your feedback is valuable to us, and we will use it to continue to improve our product and our customer support.

5 Likes

Mission accomplished. We talked about this idea yesterday :slight_smile: Thank you so much for sharing it. Our goal is to grow (btw - just discovered that I can rhyme in English :D) and your support is precious. Of course, I can’t promise it would happen but want to let you know we keep it in our mind.

Have a wonderful day!

5 Likes