How to Update Mudita Harmony using Mudita Center

Hello,
Do you have any idea when I will be able to add my own sounds? This was the actual main reason why I purchased the Harmony. I currently have a set up of Bluetooth speaker and old ipod but I was really hoping that my Harmony would remove the need for this set up.

2 Likes

When I applied the update only 3 options are available as Clock Face in the Settings: a) The default one with time and alarm time above, b) Time, alarm time above and battery below, and c) Hours and minutes stapled having an alarm icon aside.

@aleksandra Can you confirm that it is 3 instead of 6 clock faces actually?

1 Like

^ These instructions with Mudita Center 1.3.1 on Windows 10 fail for me, as I get this:

What is the solution to this problem? I would like to update my Mudita Harmony, which is now at version 1.5.1.

Here are the operating-system details:

1 Like

I find sometimes that connecting it directly to the machine’s USB port, as opposed to via a USB hub works better sometimes. Your experience on this may vary. And I am guessing you have tried with different USB ports as well…

1 Like

I don’t use a USB hub. Also, I tried both USB ports in my Ultrabook, and both lead to the same problem.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Have you tried different cables? It happened to me once with my Pure & I tried a different cable & it worked.

@urszula: Yes, I have tried three different cables. One of the cables is a power-only cable and therefore lets the computer charge the Harmony but does not connect the Harmony data-wise to the computer. The other two cables are “data-connection” cables, and each one causes the “USB device not recognized” alert to appear. Also, one of the data-connection cables WAS working earlier, so the problem seems to be related to a change in the Harmony itself or to a change in the Center itself or both.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd This is an odd situation. I’m going to probe this with the devs.

1 Like

Thank you, @urszula! Until we can solve this problem, my Mudita Harmony is stuck at version 1.5.1 ‘forever’.

By the way, the devs should have my ticket # 13036 about this. I opened it four days ago.

I have resolved it with doing a soft reset (Long press light and back) while being connected to my PC. Afterwards it showed a message (I think it was "service in progress afair) for a couple of seconds and I was then able to do the update

PS: I think mudita center was running while doing so. Pleas tell me if you had luck :blush:

1 Like

I tried that soft-reset approach again today, and it still does not solve the problem. Thanks, though.

1 Like

Hello,
Will the Harmony get a software update this year? I truly purchased this alarm clock because it was advertised as a device that could allow me add my own sounds or audiobooks and there seems to be no information as to when these features will be added. I honestly was very enthusiastic about both the Harmony and Bell and I purchased both in December 21 in the hopes that they would be total replacements for my cellphone/blutooth speaker night time set up but now I feel a bit down on the Harmony (Bell is as advertised so no complaints). Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

André

3 Likes

hi @skilletsauce Yes, we are currently working on this feature. It requires work both on Mudita Harmony as well as on Mudita Center, therefore it will take more time to implement than smaller updates and fixes. I’m sorry that you have to wait for this feature to be available, it has the highest prio on our updates planned for Harmony. :slightly_smiling_face: :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Just bumping the quoted question. It seems no one except myself is having this observation about the Clock faces? @aleksandra Please let me know. Thank you.

1 Like

I was wondering the same.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the misunderstanding. The visibility of clock faces depends on time format. In total, you’ll have 3 clock faces available for 24h format and 5 clock faces for 12h format. Hope this answers the question :relaxed:

4 Likes

Pefect @aleksandra! This is exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

Same boat. I’ve had it for at least 4 months now and still doesn’t have the main features it was advertised to have. Feels like a bit of a scam / miss selling / false advertising.

Fundamentally all I get from it I can achieve with a £9.99 alarm clock from Argos.

1 Like

@adammoseley What features are you specifically referring to, which you believe are missing? The only one which we are working on implementing at the moment is the file transfer feature, which would enable you to upload your own audio.

Ability to play white noise… it doesn’t even have white noise as an option. Then if you choose one of the preset sounds (which aren’t white noise) you can’t loop them so therefore can’t have them on all night.

I got rid of my Lumie for this as it promised these better features but doesn’t have them

1 Like