How Do I Install and Uninstall Daily Builds and Release Candidates?

I’m interested in trying out the release candidates of MuditaOS and apparently it’s possible to install them in the Mudita centre, but I can’t figure out how, does anyone know?

1 Like

It’s not through Mudita Center, but rather flashing them through Balena Etcher if you have Mac or Windows. You can flash more natively through Linux. Check the github for instructions.

1 Like

I tried following these instructions but when I entered the menu by holding the centre button these wasn’t a USB MSC mode

https://github.com/mudita/MuditaOS/blob/master/doc/flashing_win_macos.md

1 Like

@immychann I’m gonna tag one of our devs in this thread. I think he would be the best person to tackle your question. @Bartosz_sp2fet

Hi!
Right now, it is not possible to use daily/RC builds on the user’s Pure, although we should allow using RC versions in the nearest days, so stay tuned!

@Jose_Briones You can’t flash it as @immychann found out, eMMC access via the bootloader is currently locked (due to security reasons).

1 Like

That doesn’t seem to be true, I just flashed RC7 using Mudita Centre, though I’m not sure how to go back to stable now lol

1 Like

Hmm… I am able to flash RC and daily’s with Balena. Idk what I may have done with the bootloader lol

1 Like

Are you able to turn on eMMC (MSC) access via the bootloader?

@immychann you had to update it via daily version of Mudita Center, had you? If so, I’ll ask how to do a downgrade from the MC. Or just wait for official 1.3.0, which should be released in a few days probably.

1 Like

I’m not able to access eMMC from the bootloader

And yeah I did have to update to the daily version of Mudita Centre. I’ll just wait for 1.3.0 to officially come out I think

1 Like