Got a refund earlier this year... but received my order anyway! A brief review:

Hi Mudita team! I’m so sorry that someone made this mistake - but in the end, I’m still happy to have it and if someone wants to reach out to me privately, I’d still be interested in paying for it. (Perhaps in a couple installments at this point, though.)

That said, I feel I should take the time to write out my impressions of the phone.

Pros:

• It’s much nicer in the hand than I was expecting
  • The tactile experience is great, the buttons are responsive
  • The screen is well lit and designed, there is little if any “shadow” left from previous screens
  • Love the meditation timer and the alarm

Cons:

• The phone works well until I try and put a SIM card in it - I’m with a subsidiary of Telus in Canada, so I was hoping that my current SIM would work. But as soon as I insert it, the phone starts freezing and restarting and becomes unusable.
  • Unlocking the phone is a bit of an odd hassle - the intuitive thing to do is to push the main center button, then perhaps one of the side buttons to unlock. Instead, I have to go all the way to the bottom of the keypad and push the back button. Also, if there is a passcode enabled, it seems that this second button push should be unnecessary and done away with? Three separate stages to unlock the phone seems like overkill.
  • It is very strange to me that there is no physical off button for the phone, which is less than my smartphone has. When my phone is stuck freezing and restarting, I can’t just turn it off by pressing a button, I have to take the battery out. I’m afraid of prematurely ruining the back panel if I have to do this too often.
  • The sound quality is less than I was expecting too (I know someone else was commenting on this in a longer thread). It’s very tinny.

All that said, fortunately most of these issues can be fixed with updates, and look forward to seeing what the future brings for the Pure!

4 Likes

That’s really generous of Mudita team (refund & ship anyway). It’s a pity that at the same time some customers still wait for their pre-orders.

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware unwanted goods are to be considered a gift in most parts of the world, so it’s sweet that you’d be willing to pay for the device :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It is, and it was part of the reason I asked for a refund. They must’ve forgotten to remove my order from the “queue”, but it did take well over a year for me to get this. It should be well understood by now that the roll-out is slower than anyone anticipated (or was completely forthright with), and that patience is required.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, if this was coming from Amazon that would be a different story :wink:

2 Likes

What provider are you with? I am with public mobile…if I have the same issue I can switch providers easily because I am not under contract (15 dollar a month plan)…I will switch to freedom or virgin mobile if I have too…

1 Like

@boneblack It was our mistake & we think you should keep the phone, if you like it. No need to pay for it. We really appreciate you being honest & upfront & we value you as member of our Mudita Community. I think it’s a win-win :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you so much Urszula! I’ll be happy to continue contributing :raised_hands:

1 Like

I’m with Koodo, which is under Telus. It looks like the problem might be with the sim card itself since the phone is fritzing out just by trying to recognize it, so I’ll see about getting a new one at some point. If not, jumping ship will be a little complicated as I am under contract.

1 Like

After using the phone as an alarm only, here are a few more things to note:

• If I don’t notice the alarm going off (let’s say its in another room when it goes off), the alarm will keep sounding indefinitely. I always manage to catch it eventually, but this morning it’s gone off for 45 minutes. Alarms should definitely be able to dismiss themselves after maybe 5 or 10 minutes, and show that you missed them.
  • Shortly after I turned off the alarm, the phone bugged out: the screen lit up and it started vibrating, and there was a glitchy, staticky sound coming from the speakers. It was showing just a lock screen, but it wouldn’t respond to any key presses. I had to take the battery out to get it to stop and plug it in to get the phone to reboot.