First use problems

Ok, so I got my Pure in the mail last week. Yeh. Figuring it out, not so yeh. I placed a couple calls, kept getting kicked off/dropped. Then, I try to make calls and the screen says “no network connection”. After I just made calls. The slider is on connected. Not sure what is happening, any help?

3 Likes

Your signal is probably weak with your provider and the Mudita Phone. Otherwise, it could be that your provider is blocking your calls due to the device not being supported.

3 Likes

What country are you in? Please don’t say Canada lol…I get mine today

1 Like

@calebsmum What network carrier are you using?

Haha, no, U.S. :slight_smile:

Ting. By Tmobile. I was told that they would cover the mudita.

I don’t think they are blocking it, I just checked my account and it shows being covered. :confused: I think I"ll call them anyway.

1 Like

I contacted my carrier and they said it was because the sim card needs to be replaced due to the fact that they are switching out of cdma. :confused: Well, they said they would temporarily reactivate the current one, but it’s still not working. Another work order out to them. In the meantime, any ideas? It worked, with a few glitches, for the first couple days, so I find this weird.

3 Likes

@calebsmum Since you have T-mobile, getting a new sim card usually does the trick, according to other users. You have to make sure the sim card is not 5G because Mudita Pure does not support 5G. Also- Google Fi seems to work well for people too. You might want to try that as a backup, until you get a new sim card from T-mobile.

I’m on an online chat with my cell co now. trying to figure it out.

cell co is saying they only have 5g SIM cards now! ugh!

2 Likes

@calebsmum Any chance you can go with a different carrier that doesn’t have 5G?

1 Like

I talked to them more and found out that they ‘misspoke’, the sim card will support 5g but will also support 4g. Hopefully that will work. I haven’t gotten it in the mail yet, time will tell.

4 Likes

@calebsmum Let us know how it turn out.

Yeah this is an issue I keep having where there are just pockets of time like right now for the past 10 mins that I cannot make a call or text cause the phone is not connecting. Previously in the morning it was fine then it just drops. I really hope things change with the next update. As I have said in previous posts I do not like the idea of being out and my wife and kids not being able to reach me. Specifically my 2 kids 4 and 8 that I drop off at activities.

3 Likes

it still hasn’t. I got the new sim card but still ‘no connection’. :frowning:

mine is more of a constant problem. :confused: Not working at all anymore, except for an occasional, maybe once a week, connection for a minute.

Crappy yeah mine is not that bad but my concern is when I drop my kids off for anything that I may not be able to reach them …waiting till the update to see if things improve…if not most likely I will go back to the Punkt which I loved…only reason I returned it is after I bought it I lost my job so did not make sense to make such a big purchase…but now since I am back working I can afford to purchase it again. But I am also considering the light phone again…

2 Likes

Ok, so new sim installed and activated. Receives texts but still says “no connection” when trying to place calls. How can it receive texts with no connection?

2 Likes

@calebsmum Try restarting your Mudita Pure. Sometimes that make a big difference.