Do you currently use a dumb phone?

My Nokia with Kaios is a “sometimes box.” Sometimes the alarm doesn’t work. Sometimes the clock doesn’t update. Plus, I cannot use the music on background and the volume controls doesn’t work…

If Mudita Pure assures 100% reliability on these basic features, I will order one more (this time for me) and use it as an “off duty” phone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sure, but I would never recommend this phone unless you want to hate using a phone for anything…

I found out, that I cannot disconnect from the digital world completely - this includes being on social media. All of my friends, family are out there, so I am kind of forced to be there in order to have contact with them. But whenever I want to disconnect - vacation, the weekend at my parent’s, or a long walk - I am taking Mudita Pure with me :).

1 Like

This sentiment has been repeated several times on this forum. It’s unfortunate that we have to adjust our life to the life of others in order to stay connected.

I feel everyone has an email address so thats the way i tell people to communicate with me, this way i dont have to follow them on social media and if they really need to send me stuff they can do it that way.

1 Like

@jameshjacksonjr Glad to see you back! It’s been awhile :slight_smile:
The issue I have with social media, specifically, is that it allows you to have these “low maintenance relationships” which don’t require a lot of effort to maintain. This leads to a disconnect between friends & loved ones. You feel like you know what’s going on in a person’s life because of the posts they make. Then you comment or like it & that’s easier than actually calling a person and asking about their vacation or their new job or any other milestone that they might post on their page.

Yes im back still using my light phone 2 waiting for a second gen mudita phone with way better antenna the mudita type is what sounds interesting to me its only a better antenna thats keeping me from switching.

1 Like

You might appreciate this piece by Annie Mcmanus: ‘I want to get off WhatsApp and call my friends instead’: the thing I’ll do differently in 2023.

She starts with “Lately I’ve been feeling disconnected from my friends, which is strange, as I speak to them all the time. When I say “speak”, I mean we send messages to each other on WhatsApp.” Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?

I wonder if the overemphasis on text mode communication isn’t eroding the fabric of society. Not just in social relationships, but also at work (post-pandemic, remote work has its advantages but I’m not entirely convinced Slack is an entirely satisfactory replacement for water cooler conversations) and civil society.

2 Likes

@harri Thanks for sharing. It’s really an eye-opening time we are living in. Although we are ALWAYS connected, we feel more disconnected than ever.
I recently ran across this article & it’s really a “sign of the times”

2 Likes

I just pulled the trigger on the a blue Nokia 225 got it very cheap off ebay. Returned my Sunbeam F1, even though it has directions app , weather app which I like both I have to stop forcing myself to like flip phones. I miss the Mudita its the only dumbphone I never ever want to return. I am contemplating yet again getting one as I just hate every other dumb phone. I get them I return them been in this cycle for literally a year. I have owned the light phone like 4 times, sunbeam 4 times, Punkt 4 times . I feel like the right balance for me is just having the mudita to use as I can on the fido network, but when I really need to be reached then popping sim into Nokia 225.

1 Like

It’s really interesting to read about your experiences with these phones. Do you use them one at a time or switch SIM cards back and forth?
I have thoughts of trying the Sunbeam F1 to see if the connectivity is better, but the minimalist in me has trouble actually acquiring another device when I have the Mudita and iPhone I can use. In the past couple of months I am not taking a cell phone out with me at all if I’m not expecting any calls and know kids are safe with dad.
That said, I now need to get back on this group text to finalize some matters so switched back to iPhone. So let’s see if these habits I’d gotten from using a dumb phone–not checking anything on it basically except to make calls and the occasional text-- stick.

1 Like

I had them all at different times, would return them or sell them just bouncing back and forth and I am just tired of it. I know the Mudita does not work perfectly but I was the happiest and most peaceful when I had it so I glad to be getting it back. And like I said when I really truly need to be connected I have had a Nokia 225 before (never in the blue colour :slight_smile: ) so I think this is going to be a nice configuration. Using the Mudita during work hours and in the evenings and taking the Nokia when I am out or know I will be in a basement and need to be reached I think will bring be the best balance of happiest. I am just tired, literally been doing this phone swapping constantly for a year. Would never have happened if the Mudita just worked properly I would never have left it ! lol

2 Likes

I would agree with you that the Mudita is the most pleasing phone I’ve used.

3 Likes

@catan We’re glad to hear it :slight_smile: :heart:

I honestly after owning it whenever I go back to something else I just hate whatever I am using lol

1 Like