Current USA Carriers/Coverage for Mudita Phone

Hi all. Any updates on which network carriers work with Mudita right now in May 2023? I am visiting the US and am having trouble finding a compatible network. Thanks, Dani :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The phone in North america is not reliable at all. I am in Canada on the Fido network, and outside it is fine but indoors is the issue where its spotty. I suspect this is the case for the states as well from what I have seen. Best best is to wait till their new models.

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for not replying earlier.
It seems T-Mobile is the most compatible network provider.

1 Like

Hi @anon9381762, let me elaborate on this topic in more detail for you. First of all, I would like to emphasize that network coverage tends to differ depending on your location in the United States.

Also, based on my current knowledge, the Pure supports various 4G LTE bands, namely: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, and 28. You can find more information about this in a post by @kirkmahoneyphd, here: https://forum.mudita.com/t/us-service-providers/3925/2_gl=1*1fgwx8k*_up*MQ.

Now, bear with me, I’ve come across a map that provides a visual representation of carriers in the USA and their coverage across 3G, 4G, and 5G networks. You can access the map here: 3G / 4G / 5G coverage in United States - nPerf.com

In my opinion, it would be best to look for 4G coverage in the area where you are based and see which providers offer optimal connectivity there. I hope this helps!

P.S. As @aleksander mentioned, in general, T-Mobile, as well as AT&T tend to offer the best coverage, based on our user’s feedback.

2 Likes

Verizon Wireless was the final major carrier to shut down 3G, which no longer is available in the USA.

3 Likes

Thank you, @kirkmahoneyphd , that also helps. I checked the map I had uploaded, and it seems to be reflective of this change, at least for the most part. There are small bits and pieces of green (3G according to the legend), but they’re basically non-existent. The map was supposedly updated just recently - yesterday.

3 Likes

Quick update for users who experience the best coverage in their area with AT&T: It’s important for me to mention that service providers on the AT&T network require mobile phones to have PTCRB certification, which has not been approved for the Pure due to our ultra-low SAR antenna.

As a result, you may experience that the service on this network only works temporarily. For this reason, we recommend sticking with T-Mobile as your go-to service provider if possible since T-Mobile does not rely on this certification to function properly.

3 Likes