Carriers it works for

I seen It says a gsm chip but then says it works for verizon and sprint. How is that when they are CDMA?

1 Like

Hi @knightayres,

I’ve spoken to one of our engineers and they’ve informed me that our cellular module is in fact a 4G LTE one, and it has backward compatibility with existing 2G and 3G GSM networks, unfortunately not with CDMA.

However, Verizon and Sprint are now focusing on their 4G LTE networks, while announcing shutdown dates for their CDMA networks. That being said, Pure will work on the modern type of networks, which are going to have proper coverage across the globe and in the US.

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Which cellular bands will it use?

1 Like

Hi @knightayres,

Bands supported by the Mudita Pure module:

• LTE FDD:
B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28

• TDD:
B38/B39/B40/B41

• WCDMA:
B1/B2/B4/B4/B5/B8/B6/B19

• GSM:
B2/B3/B5/B8

4 Likes

Ooooh.

This is great. From a selfish point of view this is only missing B1 (GSM) and B40 (LTE) which are Optus bands in Australia.
But it seems to include all Telstra bands (widest coverage).

I’m into this like a showbag now. (Aussie slang, happy to explain).

3 Likes

please do, I love to learn about slang!

1 Like

I e-mailed asking specifically about this and got this response when asking about Verizon:

Yes, of course! Mudita Pure works on 2G/3G/4G/LTE. The module is AT&T, Sprint & Verizon certified.

@iota I’m keen on learning some interesting Aussie slang. I asked a friend about SHOWBAG and he told me it’s a good thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Since this message was posted in April 2020, have there been any changes to the LTE Bands supported by Mudita Pure phone? It’ll be fantastic if the final shipping version suppots all of these bands listed here. Mudita Pure certainly checks ALL the feature boxes I was looking for in my ideal phone companion!

4 Likes