Can there be a student model with hotspot capabilities?

I have a suggestion: can there be a model of the pure, but with hotspot capabilities?
I am a student and I need to have a laptop with me. but I am that kid and ive been looking for a phone that will help disconnect and also be able to hotspot my laptop and do some school work at the park. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @Lewis_Ho, although there won’t be a WiFi hotspot, you can connect your phone to a laptop by tethering with a cable so you can use it as an external GSM modem. Hopefully a lot of students will find this useful. Especially even the fact that the phone will be less distracting when it comes to studying.

7 Likes

so youre saying that it basically is a way to get internet access with a laptop through this tethering cable??? cause that is awesome!

7 Likes

Thanks! Yes, exactly!

4 Likes

Noice! I’m so pleased.

4 Likes

On a further possitive it will be charging as it tethers too…

4 Likes

Exactly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Kasia- I am not tech savvy. I now connect to the internet through the hotspot on my iPhone when internet is not available. Would I just purchase this GMS modem from my AT&T provider & cord?

1 Like

@cfeist The phone itself will act as the GSM modem if you want to connect it to a laptop via tethering. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would like to understand correctly because it is a feature that I would really appreciate.
Nudità Pure can provide internet access via USB cable? What OS will be supported? Is macOS tethering support enabled? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

thank you for all your comments! We are still working on that feature, but we want to make it as widely available as possible. Yes, our first goal is to connect via USB, so you can use the phone as an external modem. Initial tests are promising, we are also working on different ways to share Internet connection.

Cheers

1 Like

Hotspot feature is a key. I would personally prefer not to be merely dependent on tethering since I cannot connect multiple devices at once (e.g. computer + printer), but I assume the design aims at reducing radio waves. Is that correct?

Are you still considering to implement the technical possibility of having it work as a WiFi hotspot?

Not a no-goer for me if this isn’t the case, just curious.

2 Likes

Hi @agent_libre,
Mudita Pure can serve as a data modem for your notebook or desktop computer. We decided to enable tethering via USB C cable so that Pure can be used as an external GSM modem. This was a decision made to further minimize the SAR value of Pure.

1 Like

Is it possible to share Mudita’s internet via USB with an Android 10 smartfon?

I would also like to know if it will be possible to share internet with Android or iOS tablets.
Either via USB (so a USB cable linking the Mudita phone to the tablet ?), or via Bluetooth ?

Hi @rumpole
We’re glad you asked. Mudita Pure can be used as an external GSM modem. You can connect your phone to a laptop or tablet by tethering with a cable so when you need to, you can safely access the internet.

That’s great, thanks for the confirmation.

2 Likes