Can there be a student model with hotspot capabilities?

I have a suggestion: can there be a model of the pure, but with hotspot capabilities?
I am a student and I need to have a laptop with me. but I am that kid and ive been looking for a phone that will help disconnect and also be able to hotspot my laptop and do some school work at the park. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Lewis_Ho, although there won’t be a WiFi hotspot, you can connect your phone to a laptop by tethering with a cable so you can use it as an external GSM modem. Hopefully a lot of students will find this useful. Especially even the fact that the phone will be less distracting when it comes to studying.

4 Likes

so youre saying that it basically is a way to get internet access with a laptop through this tethering cable??? cause that is awesome!

6 Likes

Thanks! Yes, exactly!

4 Likes

Noice! I’m so pleased.

4 Likes

On a further possitive it will be charging as it tethers too…

4 Likes

Exactly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Kasia- I am not tech savvy. I now connect to the internet through the hotspot on my iPhone when internet is not available. Would I just purchase this GMS modem from my AT&T provider & cord?

1 Like

@cfeist The phone itself will act as the GSM modem if you want to connect it to a laptop via tethering. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to understand correctly because it is a feature that I would really appreciate.
Nudità Pure can provide internet access via USB cable? What OS will be supported? Is macOS tethering support enabled? Thank you.