Calls Missed while Tethering

Last week I had used USB tethering to my laptop. And after using internet on my laptop for 2 hours, I disconnected USB tethering. There was no problem in using internet. But during this time, the signal bar shows no signal. And I see missed call notification after I disconnected USB tethering.

So question is if we use this phone as USB tethering, it won’t receive any calls? This is a live experience, I can experiment and confirm this again.

4 Likes

@ramamohan Thanks for this info. I’ve never experienced this, but I will ask our team about it & get back to you.

3 Likes

I think that’s by design. I remember reading something that the phone goes into offline mode when it’s tethering.

3 Likes

@ramamohan I spoke to my team & they confirmed that it’s supposed to be like this. When you are teething the phone goes into offline mode.

2 Likes

Is this a hardware limitation or this could be a setting in a future release of MuditaOS?

3 Likes

@mnqpr The antenna basically switches from calls/text to data. It’s not designed to do both at the same time.

2 Likes

So is there a way to change this with software? Is this something that can be changed in new devices?

2 Likes

From what I understand, it’s a hardware limitation in this version of Mudita Pure. I will ask our team whether they plan on changing in our next phones.

1 Like