Smart supplements

I don’t know if this is allowed. Delete if it’s not but like I have been looking into supplements to help with concentration. I know that Mudita wrote about taking L-Theanine when you drink a lot of coffee at work but I wondered if there were any other ideas. I saw that Holland & Barrett were selling ginkgo biloba and wondered if anyone tried it?

4 Likes

I have heard that ginko bilboa can work to aid memory but I’ve never tried it. I have used caffeine and l-theanine though, as well as creatine. However, I feel as though you might have more luck discussing nootropics on Reddit.

1 Like

If the supplement is natural, I don’t see anything wrong with it. Probably doesnt work the same for everyone. Just stay away from any called a energy drink.

3 Likes

Enhances cognitive functions

Through its inhibitory actions on stress hormones like cortisol and corticosterone, L-theanine enhances your memory and learning capabilities. And its cognitive benefits extend beyond that as well. L-theanine helps boosts the levels of dopamine, serotonin, and GABA – three neurotransmitters crucial for alertness and attention. You can, therefore, look forward to that improved attention span, enhanced ability to get into the flow, and better decision-making abilities; even if you battle anxiety daily.

1 Like

Hey, guys!
What supplements would you recommend to use in 2023?? :sweat_smile:
pls, sorry, if my reply is an off-topic

2 Likes

Just noticed this thread’s from Oct\19, but better late than never, right? About that L-Theanine and coffee combo, heard loads of peeps vibing with it back in the day. Ginkgo biloba? I’ve seen some peeps swear by it, but results can be hit or miss

3 Likes

Just noticed this thread’s from Oct '19, but better late than never, right? About that L-Theanine and coffee combo, heard loads of peeps vibing with it back in the day. Ginkgo biloba? I’ve seen some peeps swear by it, but results can be hit or miss.
On a side note, ever stumbled upon mushroom blend powder? Their blends are next level. Might be something to consider even now, especially if you’re still on that supplement hunt. I think it’s one of the best things you can try to help your body be better.
Hope you found what you were looking for, and if not, maybe this’ll help!

1 Like

Mushrooms are smart supplements indeed - if anyone is interested in a natural supplement - look into medicinal mushrooms as there are now a few studies which support the supportive benefits of these amazing yummy foods.
Including physical: healing, balancing and regulation of everything in your body, gut support, immune system overhaul, nervous system regulation, healthful microbiome population and food source, brain support… the list goes on and on. They may be a little expensive but get a good, organic, natural source and they are worth EVERY penny.
Enjoy your supplement journeys :smiley:
Even the humble button mushroom which you can grow in a home based darkened pod, is awesome!

1 Like