Blog: The benefits of napping for productivity and overall health

Join the conversation & let us know your thoughts.

3 Likes

Big fan of short naps here. I have gotten to the age where I power nap in the early afternoon. Just 15 minutes or so makes all the difference. I do this instead of drinking coffee, because coffee in the PM makes me jittery and interferes with night sleep.

2 Likes

Was it difficult to start this habit? Did you “train” yourself to nap in any way?
I’m asking because I find napping impossible. I just can’t fall asleep during the day.

2 Likes

@aleksander I also believe in naps. I LOVE naps. On the weekends, I have two :slight_smile:
It’s actually not that hard to get used to it.
As I’ve mentioned in my articles- the naps can’t be more than 30min long. Otherwise you get into DEEP sleep & wake up all confused & groggy.

2 Likes

Yes, I think I started when I was pregnant and the big kids were in school, and then napping when baby was asleep. This is now 4+ years ago. My mind has to be calm and quiet to fall asleep quickly. I do deep breaths for this and catch the right time, which is often early afternoon when I feel like I really NEED coffee. Nowadays because of time constraints I set a timer, usually 20-25 mins, and I lie down and do deep breathing. I end up falling asleep for a bit more than half the time, and if not, the deep breaths have helped. I am not able to fall asleep when I’m really stressed out though, so part of keeping this habit up is to keep stress manageable, which in turn is conducive to better health…

2 Likes

Thanks! I love how it’s a set of intertwined goodies: breathing, sleeping, keeping stress at bay - each of them keeping the others in check.
Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes