Blog: We’ve reached the end of our crowdfunding journey!

Join the conversation & let us know your thoughts.

3 Likes

To be honest, I feel being treated as a backer, not like a customer at all.

There is not any mention of what your “customers” can expect, or why it is taking so long for a phone ordered in october last year to arrive….

4 Likes

I haven’t ordered Mudita Pure (yet - just following the course of events), but I can totally see your point.

Actual backers are still like beta-testers and customers with pre-orders are turned into backers.

2 Likes

@sim8500 & @Kasper We can understand the frustration when it comes to this distinction. The main thing that we would like to communicate is that Mudita Pure was originally created as crowdfunding project because it’s hard to start with a completely new product. Really hard. Before Mudita Pure was offered for sale on our website, it was was a crowdfunding project on the platforms Kickstarter & Indiegogo. And if it were not for the Backers who pledged their support, without any guarantee that our idea become a reality, it might not have been possible. Crowdfunding is a risk. Backers support a project when it’s just an idea. There is a chance that it might not be realized. As of July 2022, the success rate of fully funding a project on Kickstarter was 39.85 percent.
Mudita Pure was successful in becoming a reality, even though it took over two years.
Our Backers were also the foundation of the Mudita Community and helped spread the word about the project and helped us grow to what we are today.
Don’t get me wrong, we are grateful to our entire Mudita Community, both the Backers and the customers who found out about us AFTER the crowdfunding campaign. Every single one of you are now part of this mindful collective of unique individuals who are a valuable part of Mudita. However, I think it’s fair to say that if the crowdfunding campaigns had failed, I’m not sure we would be here today. That’s why, when all is said & done, we do owe a debt of gratitude do the original Backers who decided to back a crazy idea in 2019.

5 Likes

@urszula , I understand taking care of all the backers first, and I am glad to hear that part of the project is finished, but I think you owe it to your paying customers to at least tell us when we can expect our phones to ship. Just like @Kasper I ordered and paid for a phone last October and would like to know when to expect it. Please respond with an estimated shipping date. Thank You

2 Likes

@bill I understand the frustration & we apologize of the continued delay. If you ordered in October, your phone should have shipped. Can you please DM me your order number, so I can check on this for you.

1 Like

I also ordered in Oct last year. And I have not received any notification of shipment.

1 Like

@liam311 I’ve replied to your private message.

@bill did you receive your device or at least get tracking info? thanks

1 Like

@liam311 Device has been received.

3 Likes