Screen Time & Sleep

As you guys know, we launched two alarm clocks this week.

By choosing a traditional alarm clock, such as #MuditaBell or #MuditaHarmony, which intentionally moves us away from ever-present screen time, it possible to truly relax and unwind, so that we may get a proper, restorative night of sleep.

Do any of you use a smartphone or a smartwatch as an alarm clock? If you do, could you please tell us WHY?

1 Like

I use my smartphone as an alarm clock only when I am traveling and have forgotten to take my tiny Braun alarm clock with me. No matter where I am, I set my smartphone across the room or in another room. So, in the rare instances that I am using my smartphone as an alarm clock, I must get out of bed to turn off its alarm.

I gave a relative one of those alarm clocks that jumps onto the floor and moves around, which forces her (if she is using it!) to chase after it to turn it off!

2 Likes

Same as kirkmahoneyphd, only use it for that purpose when travelling.
Ordinarily i would not want a phone in the same bedroom that i sleep in. Mostly for minimizing exposure to unnessessary RF radiation.

2 Likes

Great to hear about the launch of the two alarm clocks this week, it’s good to see options that move away from screens and promote better sleep. For those who use smartphones or smartwatches as alarm clocks, we would love to hear why you prefer them. To know more about insomnia you can check website Insomnia? Common Causes of Sleep Issues. It’s important to have a good night’s sleep for our overall health and well-being, and understanding the reasons behind the choices we make can help us make better decisions in the future.

2 Likes

I try to stop using my smartphone as an alarm clock. I have never used a smartwatch. It is convenient to set an alarm on a smartphone, turn it off

3 Likes

It’s crazy how people still refuse to believe that too much screen time causes poor sleep patters. The writing’s on the wall- all over it. LOL

2 Likes