You're not busy, you're just distracted

During my time testing Mudita Pure, I’ve come to the realization that we’re not as busy as we think we are.
I discuss my experience in my lasted article posted on our blog. Check it out & let me know how you hope Mudita Pure will impact YOUR LIFE?

4 Likes

The latest Mudita Pure screenshot that I saw included:
TOOLS | ALARM           | CALENDAR
CALLS  | CONTACTS     | MESSAGES
MUSIC | MEDITATION | SETTINGS

To imitate that, I have simplified my Android-7 phone to this layout on the home page:
Memo | Clock          | Calendar
Phone | Contacts   | Messaging
                                    | Settings

Still, the simplified-Android experience is not the same.

• I cannot read the screen in bright sunlight, which forces me to waste time trying to find shade for the screen.
  • MMS messages in the Messaging app tempt me to tap a button to download time-wasting images and spammy text.
  • The Calendar app reminds me that I am still in the privacy-intruding Google ecosystem.
  • The Tools folder on the second page, with its “defensive” apps, reminds me about the time-wasting security vulnerabilities in the Android OS
  • The Google folder on the second page reminds me about many distractions:
    • Camera, which forces me to waste time wondering whether I am sharing privacy-intruding meta-data with Google through the photos that I take
    • Chrome, letting me waste time by surfing the Internet on a tiny screen
    • Gmail, tracking correspondence that I waste time writing on a tiny keyboard
    • Google Play, tempting me to install more time-wasting, privacy-intruding distractions
    • Maps, tracking where I go with the phone, which forces me to waste time checking and clearing “Location History”

I expect the Mudita Pure to free me from all these distractions, privacy-intruders, and time-wasters.

2 Likes

@urszula Really enjoyed this blog post. Made me think :thought_balloon:

2 Likes