May 2021 Production Update

We posted a new update today with many exciting developments: Mudita Pure May 2021 development and production update

6 Likes

This is great! Glad to hear everything is going according to the schedule

7 Likes

I have heard hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of talk radio. The audio quality of the cellular calls from listeners has dropped over the years. The audio quality of personal cellular calls from friends has dropped over the years, too.

It seems that consumers care less than earlier about cellular audio quality. One reason may be the shrinking base of consumers who recall the audio quality of landline calls. POTS and VoIP calls still beat most cellular calls for audio quality.

Thank you, Mudita, for caring about the audio quality of the Pure!

5 Likes

For some reason I have this feeling that you all are going to deliver a best-in-class dumb phone with minimal bugs that plague the punkt and the light phone.
It might be irrational to expect, but I do think you all are going to get this right.
You might be the next Analogue, if you get the reference.

5 Likes

@Kevin_Moses Thanks for having faith in us. We really DO want to put out the best possible device that’s long-lasting, durable & easy to use. We’re almost there!

5 Likes

Looks like everything is going well for you guys. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Are there any updates on the compatibility with carriers in the US such as Verizon or AT&T? I seem to remember you guys were having trouble getting a certification needed to work with those carriers before.

7 Likes

Would it be possible to share a short video where the basic features of the phone are presented? Background information like in this article are always nice, but with a proposed release in autumn it would be very nice to get some insight on how the phone will be used for everyday basic tasks - e.g. the workflow for adding a contact (maybe via the desktop app), then searching for the contact on the device and then starting a real call, to see how the audio works? It would also be very interesting to see how a text message is written - as far as I know, there is neither T9 nor predictive text available as of now. Other features like setting an alarm or playing some music would also be nice. And then, you could show both case-colors :wink: Just some ideas to get a better feeling on how the phone will look and feel like.

6 Likes

I am also concerned about support for AT&T in the US. Thanks for posting this. I think the ultimate answer could be found at AT&T’s website for their band support: https://forums.att.com/conversations/phone-device-upgrades/what-are-atts-lte-bands/5defcdebbad5f2f606ad1499

5 Likes

yes, yes yes…can we please, please get an update on US carriers. It’s kinda of a big deal!

6 Likes

I’ve reached out to our team members about the US carrier issue & I will update you guys as soon as I get some new info.

3 Likes

Finally got around to reading this May update. Looks like things are on time and moving according to schedule. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Hi there, wondered if there was any movement on the team considering predictive text?

2 Likes

@rhysjones predictive text is part of the plan. Our community underlined how important it is :slight_smile: and we understand that it is a key feature that people are looking for.

5 Likes

That is honestly such a relief, thank you. Looking forward to November, keep up the monthly reports as well. They’re really great.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update! I can’t wait until the fall. November, right? No more delays please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this truly amazing and hard work! My husband and I wish You success in implementing everything that you have planned. We are waiting for this unique phone to be ready as soon as possible in order to finally get rid of our smartphones :wink:

2 Likes

@alice & @alayah Thank you for the kind words & the support. We really appreciate it. We’re doing our best to deliver Mudita Pure as soon as possible. It might be sooner than November. :smiley:

1 Like

31 October right :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@l1ghthouse :slight_smile: On Halloween…perfect. I think I will go as Mudita Pure!

1 Like