Rethink Black Friday

This year, the shopping bonanza, better known as Black Friday is not what it used to be in past years. For decades, Black Friday sales have contributed to massive crowds and mayhem outside of malls and stores. This could be the year, in which Black Friday finally unravels.

Consider not taking part in this consumer-driven chaos, which not only drains our wallets, but also harms our values and destroys the environment.

Perhaps, now is the perfect time to rethink Black Friday, embrace a simpler lifestyle, and focus on the things which matter most.

How can you make the start of the holiday shopping season a little more mindful this year?

2 Likes

I wait all year to buy discounted electronics. While I agree with the bonanza part, there is a place to take advantage of these opportunities to not let the tech companies exploit us with their overpriced devices. Even though we may still buy at a “discount”, they still take advantage, but we can always fight back hehe.

3 Likes

I will say practicing some shinrin-yoku :grinning:

2 Likes

@nirvana I think that’s a GREAT idea. I am a firm believer is all kinds of NATURE THERAPY. Immersion in nature definitely has many benefits…

1 Like

I have never participated in Black Friday, personally - Consumerism just makes me feel gross.

1 Like

@nirvana Your idea inspired my new blog post :slight_smile: Check it out: https://mudita.com/community/blog/immersion-in-nature/

1 Like

@anon13781037 I also have an aversion to rampant consumption. I can’t imagine standing in line for hours, just to battle a bunch of people, for an item which is not a totally necessity in my life. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m honored, truly :slight_smile:
I couldn’t agree more - Standing in line, battling people for something of no value seems pointless & not worth anyone’s stress.
Relax & have a walk in nature/spend time with family, instead!

1 Like