Electrohypersensitivity: state-of-the-art of a functional impairment

In Sweden, electrohypersensitivity (EHS) is an officially fully recognized functional impairment (i.e., it is not regarded as a disease). What do you think about EHS?

2 Likes

ItĀ“s a shame and a real cruelty that in most parts of the world itĀ“s not recognised as an illnes or impairment yet. It destroys carreers and lifes in our so called civilized societies, and as it is claimed that EMFs bother 6% of the population with really severe cases which canĀ“t follow a normal life itĀ“s just an inhuman condition politicians donĀ“t protect these people. There are already scientist that claim as well that EMF increases cancer prevalence, cancer figures increase is real, and there are studies that at least show that EMF fields like cell phone radiation make cancer cells growing faster in mice, and that it affects cerebral encefalic barrier protein osmosis. Should be enough to take it serious, and to take serious the EHS patients who are appearing in the whole world due to the massive increase of wireless technology. They cannot just search a refuge, but should be enabled to participate in society #stopwifi #stopbluetooth #stopmobileinternet #responsablecellphoneuse #cancer_and_ehs_is_no_joke

2 Likes

My girlfriend has some problems with emf. We donā€™t have wireless technology activated in home, for instance. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve ordered a mudita pure to her. Now, I read this article and Iā€™m wondering how the future will beā€¦

2 Likes

EHS is a real issue. I hate it when some people laugh it off as some imagined or perceived sensitivity. The way I like to explain it to people is that way: Just because you can eat a bunch of peanuts and be ok- it does not mean that there no people with peanut allergies. And for them itā€™s a real problem.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve small headache when Iā€™m using wifi for more than an our or so. If I do spend more time while calling with a smartphone, I usually feel it, thatā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™m using old Nokia which has less power. BT is no problem. As people usually donā€™t believe me, I rather do not speak about it.

2 Likes

Itā€™s good to know that Bluetooth does not cause a problem. I suppose that the newer, LE (Low-Energy) version of Bluetooth is even less likely to be problematic.

@urszula: Which version # of Bluetooth will the Mudita Pure use?

2 Likes

And can we turn bluetooth off? @urszula

2 Likes

@Kasper Yes you can :slight_smile:

1 Like

off topic urszula, but I wondered whether you use your proto-pure as a daily driver, and how do you enjoy using it?

2 Likes

@rhysjones I use it as a second phone- After work & on weekends. I LOVE it. For me itā€™s all about reclaiming my time. Iā€™ve come to the realization that weā€™re really not as busy as we think we are. A lot of our time is syphoned by staring aimlessly at screens. Since I eliminated that, I am surprised at how much free time I have.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a recent article from Reuters which I think may be of interest to individuals dealing with EHS

Basically, Apple has been instructed to halt the sales of its iPhone 12 model in France due to radiation levels that exceed the permissible threshold.

2 Likes

This is actually very telling. One the one hand, I donā€™t know if the French gov is overreacting, or maybe they have something againts Apple, but this is definitely worth looking deeper into.

2 Likes

The intriguing part is all the attention garnered now by a product launched in 2021, and Apple no longer sells it. Either the authorities in charge are too slow in assessing these matters, or they are dissatisfied with how Apple addresses particular ā€œprivacyā€-related issues, even in a generic manner.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nice summary:

1 Like
1 Like